So here are my resolutions - feel free to hold me accountable, tell me off when I'm not doing well, etc.
|It's enough! There will be no more pets... (especially little|
dogs who decide to play in the mud and then refuse to go where they're
told when I'm wearing a white dress.)
- There will be no new pets in my household under any circumstances, no matter how much my offspring believe they need more animals.
- I will encourage my offspring to become independent adults, by doing less things for them. (In the same process I will save more energy for me.) The youngest will be old enough to vote in March - if they can be responsible for electing the government, they can be responsible for getting themselves out of bed in the morning.
- I will get myself organised so that I'm not overdoing things, putting energy on the "credit card", and then crashing and getting really sick later. I will plan more, pray more, and waste my personal energy less.
- I will ask for help when I need it. (OK - that's a really hard one!)
- I will break big jobs down into smaller, more manageable ones, and will pay attention when my body needs rest.
- I will eat a healthy diet, and do the exercise my body needs, whether or not I see any encouragement in the numbers on the scales or the tape measure.
- I will do things I love (like arts and crafts, writing and even baking), simply because I love them.
- I will put a high priority on spending quality time with the people I love.
- I will shift the focus of my ministry work from getting established in the congregation and getting to know people - to helping people develop their own faith, and their own gifts.
- I will stop complaining about my pills and just take the damn things.
- I will write a book to help people understand what it means when they ask to have their baby baptized.
- I will be more energy conscious - drive my car less, turn off lights and power more.
- I will be more money conscious - recycle things, and make things rather than buy them.
- I will be more nutrition-conscious - avoid fast food, and cook with ingredients that have the least possible amount of processing.
- I will spend time in the quiet on the patio.
Whatever your resolutions, I hope and pray 2012 will be a great year for you.