(As well as being Mothers Day.)
I've been trying to think of appropriate ways to mark WLD. Here's what I've come up with.
- Donate some money to lupus research. (There's a couple of links in the right-hand column of this blog.)
- Take some time to think about those who have failed in the battle against lupus this past year - you may not have known them personally, but may well have seen posts about them on social media.
- Take time out to thank the family, friends, whoever it is who helps you day by day to fight against the wolf.
- Set some goals for things you plan to do to help care for your health for the coming year (eg, take a 10 minute walk each day, or a five minute walk each day, eat more vegetables, etc.)
- Post some information about lupus on social media, to help people understand about invisible illnesses.