150g dairy free margarine
375g dark cooking chocolate (broken or chopped into small pieces)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light sour cream
3/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup gluten-free plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon extra cocoa
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Line a lamington tin with baking paper.
- Melt margarine and chocolate over low heat, stirring.
- Add in brown sugar and cook, stirring for two minutes. Allow to cool.
- Beat together eggs and sour cream. Mix into the chocolate mixture.
- Add in almond meal, and sifted plain flour and cocoa.
- Mix well, pour into lamington tin and bake for 50 minutes. (Note: you cannot test this like a cake - while it's hot it's gooey. When it's cooked, a skewer inserted in the middle will come out covered in chocolate goo. Just trust the timing.)
- Sprinkle with the extra cocoa (I put the cocoa in a strainer and shake over the brownie to spread it evenly.)
- Allow to cool thoroughly while in the lamington tin. Do not try to cut this while hot - it will just stick to the knife.
- Cut into 20 squares.