2 cups mixed fruit
half cup brown sugar, firmly packed
90g dairy-free margarine
2 tablespoons golden syrup
quarter cup brandy
half teaspoon orange essence
one cup water
1 cup gluten free plain flour
half cup almond meal
teaspoon mixed spice
half teaspoon cinnamon
half teaspoon xanthan gum
half teaspoon cream of tartar
quarter teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
drop Parisian essence (or a shot of espresso, cold)
- Put fruit mix ingredients in a saucepan, heat gently until margarine has melted, and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Sift dry mix into a large bowl.
- Add cool fruit mix, and the egg mix. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased six cup pudding basin, and put on the lid.
- Place into a large saucepan, and fill add water, until the water comes to about half-way up the side of the steamer.
- Bring to boil, and simmer four hours, adding extra warm water if necessary.
Can be frozen.
Serve hot with custard or cold with cream or ice-cream.
This is gluten and lactose-free.