The recipe makes 10 rolls.
1 skinless chicken breast fillet
1tsp soy sauce (gluten-free)
10 sheets rice paper
2 cups shredded vegetables (I cheat and use Woolworths rainbow salad. Otherwise use a mix of your choice of salad veges, such as carrot, celery, mung beans, mushrooms, and shred finely)
- Sprinkle soy sauce over chicken breast, and cook in microwave according to your microwave's directions.
- Finely shred the cooked chicken.
- Place a sheet of rice paper on a dinner plate.
- Brush rice paper with a pastry brush dipped in water.
- Once rice paper has softened, place about a tenth of the chicken and about a tenth of the salad on one end of the paper.
- Roll the paper up, tucking in the sides to make a sealed packet.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Rice paper rolls can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge, if needed.
- To serve, cut each roll in half on an angle.
- Can be served as is, or with your favourite Asian dipping sauce.
(I've typed the recipe into Calorie King each roll is approximately 65 calories/ 265 kilojoules, and contains about half a gram of fat. This does not include dipping sauces.)