|Pumpkin and fresh herbs straight from the garden|
add colour and flavour to this soup.
1/2 cup red lentils, washed
1/2 large onion
2 teaspoons prepared curry paste
2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
A big bunch of Italian parsley
A big bunch of chives
Water, as required.
- Place ingredients in large saucepan.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer until pumpkin is soft (will vary depending on how large you cut the pumpkin.)
- Mash or puree.
- Add water until soup reaches your preferred consistency.
- Bring to the boil again, stir and serve.
- If soup is thinner than you'd like, leave the lid off and boil, to reduce the liquid.
- (It stops it being vegan-friendly, but I serve mine garnished with a tiny drizzle of low-fat lactose-free cream, and a shave of parmesan cheese.)