|Gluten-free brownies (top left)|
300g dairy free dark chocolate
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
3/4 cup LSA*
1/2 cup plain gluten-free flour, sifted
1/2 cup lite sour cream
3 tablespoons cocoa
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line a 25cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt margarine and chocolate together over low heat. Stir in brown sugar, continue stirring for two or three minutes until there are no lumps, and sugar is thoroughly mixed through. Turn off heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in eggs, flour, LSA, sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Dust with the other tablespoon of cocoa. Cool in the pan, then cut into 25 squares.
- Stores in an airtight container for about a week. Freezes well.
* LSA is linseed, sunflower seed and almond meal. It can be found in the health food section of the supermarket.
Recipe is gluten-free and low lactose.