Little Engine Post. Write a list post with 10-15 lines that start each with “I think I can…” Write 5 lines at the end that start with “I know I can.”
I think I can.....
- Get out of bed tomorrow morning. (Well, I hope I can.)
- Find creative ways to solve problems.
- Lose this excess weight.
- Think of some more things to write here.
- Encourage other people with lupus to see the things they can do despite this condition.
- Contribute something worthwhile to the online support network that already exists for people with lupus.
- Do the dishes that are piled up in the kitchen (just got to build up the energy.)
- Do some washing before I run out of clothes (again, just got to build up some energy.)
- Tidy my desk. (Wait! I have a desk? Where did it go? How many unfinished projects will have to dig through to find it?)
- Write a Nobel-prize-winning novel. (No, I don't really think so, especially since I don't write novels as such. I just threw it in to see if you were still reading.)
- Find an elephant if it were hiding in my strawberry plants.
- Make the time to take proper care of myself.
- Sleep more than anyone else I know.
- Learn to let go of the things that really don't matter.
- Stay sane, even if the internet does constantly drop out through the summer.
I know I can...
- With God's help, and with the help of my amazing friends, get through any challenge this stupid disease throws at me.
- Make the most of the gifts and abilities I still have.
- Use the extra time that working only part-time has given me, to develop skills I have not practised for some time (art, creative writing, music, etc), thereby using time that might have been a burden for a valuable purpose.
- Keep my sense of humour. No matter how bad things get – laughing helps get things in perspective.
- Find the energy to
care for others as well as myself.
This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J