1 500g packet gluten-free self-raising flour
1 cup lactose-free cream
1 cup lemonade
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sift flour into a bowl, leaving aside about 1/4 cup for dusting.
- Make a well in the centre, pour in the cream and lemonade.
- Using a knife, gently combine ingredients.
- Turn out on to a floured surface, and knead just enough to have all ingredients thoroughly combined.
- Roll gently to 2cm thickness.
- Using a scone cutter, cut into scones.
- Place on biscuit trays lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until just lightly browned.
Yummy served warm with strawberry jam.
If you've used the "normal" version of this recipe, you'll find the gluten-free flour makes it somewhat stickier - use plenty of gluten-free flour for dusting, and work the dough as little as possible.