It made me think about the nice things people have done for me while I've been in pain. I thought I'd share some of them with you.
- My kids have zipped up endless dresses, and even at times done up shoes.
- A friend who just automatically takes the lift instead of the stairs when we're out together.
- Same friend came around and did my cleaning, and helped me set up my "gardening" - putting my potting bench out in the courtyard, etc.
- Virtually anyone visiting has got things down from high shelves.
- Friends who I've been shopping shopping with understand when I say I need to go for a coffee that it's code for "I need to sit down for half an hour and a coffee shop is as good as anything."
- One of the elders from my church has emailed me to let me know she was concerned and praying for me.
- I went to a funeral (not one I was leading). The church was already crowded with all the seats taken when I got there - and someone just got me a chair from somewhere.
- The staff at my local Curves gym have always let me work at my level, never pushing me to do anything more.
- My congregation members graciously accept me sending them cards or phoning at times when another minister would have visited. They understand that I do care, I just can't do everything I wish I could.
- Mr Wonderful drives whenever we go anywhere, even when we're in my car.
- My kids, and occasionally a friend, push shopping trolleys when I go to supermarkets instead of shopping on line.
- Friends who come to my home for coffee, to save me the effort of actually going out.
- So many people have carried stuff for me.